Sunday, December 5, 2004

Abortion's Cloistered Secrets

From Love Matters' website, a few examples of abortion's after-effects--on the women who chose them:

**WARNING** SOME GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS FOLLOW

“I was an emotional wreck. The following day I was empty, sad, numb. I knew that day I had made a huge mistake. I wish with all my heart I would have done things differently.” CARRIE CAMILLERI LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

“I was deceived because I was not told the truth about what an abortion means to the life of an unborn baby. I was not told that at 10 weeks (which is when I had my abortion) my child was already fully formed. I was made to believe that I was doing something that was as natural as going to the dentist for a teeth cleaning.” STEPHANIE WILLIAMS RIDGECREST, CA

“After the first abortion, I did get more depressed. I developed a very angry character; I became very violent. After the second abortion, I really didn’t notice a change. By the third, I had really low self-esteem, and after the fourth I became extremely promiscuous and self-destructive. Throughout the years, with each abortion, I became more and more depressed and I gained more and more weight.” CECILIA GOMEZ TUSTIN, CALIFORNIA

“The suction machine was turned on, causing tremendous pain. I was frightened, it hurt so much. I wanted to scream. I wanted it to stop. I suddenly knew there was a baby inside. They were killing my baby!” MICHAELENE JENKINS SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA

“Two weeks after the abortion, I went into labor. I staggered into the bathroom. And there, with my husband beside me, I delivered a part of my baby the doctor had missed. It was the head of my baby. . .” “I’ll wake up in the middle of the night, thinking I hear a baby crying. And I still have nightmares in which I am forced to watch my baby being ripped apart in front of me. I simply miss my baby. I constantly wake up wanting to nurse my child, wanting to hold my child. And that’s something the doctor never told me I would experience.” LORI NERAD - former national president of Women Exploited by Abortion

“Abortion destroys self-worth and dignity. I bought into the idea that abortion was simply a matter of choice. I used abortion as birth control until after my fourth abortion. I felt inside that this action has to be wrong. I wish I had given more thought to the abortions I had. If just one person had said, ‘Star, what you’re doing is wrong,’ it might have changed the destiny of my life.” STAR PARKER LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

No comments: