Saturday, August 12, 2006

Racists in the Woodpile

This is an addendum to the last post.

I've heard a few geniuses proclaim on tv and other brain-congealing media that profiling for terrorists is racist. Really? Wow, that's deep. So which race is it that we can't stand? Arabs? Whites? Blacks? Every race represented within Islam? Haha! That must be it! We Islamophobes hate everybody. This is the one cogent explanation for our actions, since the most populous Islamic country on Earth is Indonesia, which is not an Arab country. Nor is Iran, the Philippines, Turkey, Malaysia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Chechnya, Afghanistan, India, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Egypt, Sudan--heck, I could go on and on. Only about 20% of the world's Muslims are Arabs, folks.

Also, since a sizeable minority of Arabs in several countries are Christians, does that mean if I feel fondness toward my Arab brothers and sisters in Christ, I'm only half a racist? Please, someone clarify this for me, as it troubles me to no end. Many of you harbor an unreasoning hatred toward Christianity. Utilizing your logic, I conclude that you must be racists. After all, the definition of racist is: "One who follows a specific religion," right?

So I suppose what I'm saying is that if you believe terrorist profiling is racist, you either know nothing about the distinctions between racial and religious characteristics, or you need watering more than three times a day.

No comments: