Thursday, June 2, 2005

Bombs-for-Tots

Reed this and weep.

“Shahids” (Martyrs for Allah)

Preaching before an audience that included Abbas, Sheikh Yusuf Jumma Salmah said in a recent Friday sermon on PA TV that the ideal Palestinian woman is like “Al Khansah,” the heroine of Islamic tradition who celebrated her four sons’ death in battle by thanking God for the honor…This portrayal of the ideal Palestinian woman as one who willingly sacrifices her sons as Shahids, therefore, continues to represent official PA ideology— especially since this sermon was delivered in the presence of Abbas…

Interview with the mother of two killed terrorists:

Host: “They (the Israelis) accuse the Palestinian mother of hating her sons and of encouraging them to die.”

Mother: “No. We do not encourage our sons to die. We encourage them to ‘shahada’ (death for Allah), for the homeland, for Allah. We don’t say to the mothers of the Shahids, ‘We come to comfort you,’ rather, ‘We come to bless you on your son’s wedding, on your son’s shahada. Congratulations to you on the shahada.’ For us the mourning is a joyous wedding. We give out drinks, we give out sweets. Praise to Allah, our mourning is a joyous wedding.” (Palestinian Authority TV, November 17, 2004)

A Letter from a Shahid to his Mother/ By Abdul Badi Iraq:

My Dear Mother

…I wrapped my body with determination, with hopes and with bombs

I asked (reaching) toward Allah and the fighting homeland

The explosive belt makes me fly, strengthens me to make haste

I calm it (the explosive), we should stay steadfast, we have not yet reached

I launched myself, I launched myself, like lava burning old legends and vanity

I launched my body, all my pains and oppression towards the packs of beasts

I launched, oh mother, freed the chains and the shackles.

And you found me rising and rising like a candle that was lit with precious olive oil

And you saw me sending a loving kiss above the mosques and the churches, the houses and the roads

Flocks of pigeons flew above the porches

And Al-Aqsa smiled and gave me a sign that will not sleep

Dawn is close, oh mother, and it shall rise from guns, from shining spears

It will be lit from a bloody wound…

The wedding is the wedding of the land

Sound a cry of joy, oh mother, I am the groom…”

(The official Palestinian daily Al Hayat Al Jadida, Feb. 27, 2003)

This has got to be the sickest, worst distortion of all that is holy that I've ever seen. A religion and an ideology such as this must have found its putrid origin in the bowels of hell, right from the Devil's darkest imaginings. It's like embracing darkness as light; and seeing light, and denouncing it as darkness.

No comments: