Sunday, March 27, 2005

Our Lord Lives!

I know some folks dispute which days of the week Christ's crucifixion and resurrection took place. I respect those arguments, but I'm not entirely sure what I think about the whole discussion. I admit that I'm not well-informed enough--on this particular issue--to make a concrete decision in the matter.

But what I do know is this: My Saviour lives, and his resurrection should be remembered and celebrated. On that, I think we all can agree.

He's not in a sepulchre or a hole in the ground. He's not a myth or a phantasm of the human mind.

He's alive, He's watching, He's involved--and someday, He will return, physically, and set up his kingdom on earth.

Something amazing happened on that long ago day in the city of Jerusalem. Something transformed a ragtag group of eleven men--considered malcontents and troublemakers by the local rulers--into lions of God who fearlessly gave their lives to the task of evangelizing His people. What changed this gaggle of cowards and misfits? What molded their shame from abandoning Christ when He needed them most into a tool for His glory?

The resurrection. And it is His resurrection that resurrects us all.

Jesus said: I am the resurrection and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.--John 11:25

No comments: