Sunday, March 27, 2005

Jeb Bush: Chief Coward of Florida

Jeb Bush is whining like a little girl:

Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, the man said to be the last hope for Terri Schiavo, says he's powerless to help the brain-injured woman who has been without nourishment for more than nine full days.

"I cannot violate a court order," Bush told CNN following Easter church services. "I don't have powers from the United States Constitution or – for that matter from the Florida Constitution – that would allow me to intervene after a decision has been made."

To Terri's parents, Bush said, "I can't. I'd love to, but I can't."

Mr. Bush, not only are you a coward, but you're also a filthy liar. You have taken an oath of office, in which you have sworn to carry out your duties as an elected offical. As chief executive in the state of Florida, you have a moral, constitutional, and legal obligation to protect the innocent from murder. If this makes you feel queasy, and gives you a bad case of the wonky britches, you should resign, immediately. I refer you to the Florida Constitution, which states in Article 1, Section 2: that "all natural persons, female and male alike, are equal before the law, and have inalienable rights, among which are the right to enjoy and defend life ... ." & "no person shall be deprived of any right because of ... physical disability."

So you are in violation of your oath as governor, the Florida Constitution, and the United States Constitution. You are not bound by the unconstitutional, indecent decision of an activist court. When a judge makes a ruling, you are bound to adhere to it, if it is in harmony with the Constitution. If it conflicts with said document, the Constitution trumps the judicial decision, every time. So all your sniveling about how your hands are tied is a crock, and you know it.

I long for a real man in a position such as that of Jeb Bush. I look wistfully back upon the time when a few people took a stand, making political expediency subservient to goodness and justice. How refreshing it would be for a politican to step forward and say: "I don't care if my actions entail political suicide. I don't care if I'm summarily voted out of office, in the next election cycle. I am more interested in what is right than I am in political calculation. I am more interested in justice than I am in not being controversial. " How refreshing, and how rare.

Why concern yourself with not rocking the boat, when it already has sunk?

Mr. Bush, you make me sick. You exemplify the worst sort of politician: the kind who fears for his own hide above all else. If you have no control over something as onerous as state-sanctioned murder, then you are worthless to the good people of Florida.

Oh, and as for your future aspirations of running for the B.S. Artist-in-Chief, you can forget about my vote.

No comments: