Sunday, August 15, 2004

SWIFT Boater's Testimony

This website lists direct quotes from numerous veterans who served with John Kerry. For example:

"In my specific, personal experience in both coastal and river patrols over a 12-month period, I never once saw or heard anything remotely resembling the atrocities described by Senator Kerry. If I had, it would have been my obligation to report them in writing to a higher authority, and I would certainly have done that. If Senator Kerry actually witnessed or participated in these atrocities or, as he described them, 'war crimes,' he was obligated to report them. That he did not until later when it suited his political purposes strikes me as opportunism of the worst kind. That he would malign my service and that of his fellow sailors with no regard for the truth makes him totally unqualified to serve as Commander-in-Chief."
-- Jeffrey Wainscott


Pretty damning stuff. The list goes on and on. In addition, 19 of the 23 officers who served with him say he is unfit for the presidency.

He's such a charlatan. After all, the man loathed the military, hated our presence in Vietnam, and disparaged our fine, brave men, immediately upon returning to the U.S. But now, he wears his "service" in Vietnam like a badge of honor. In his twisted mind, the men who bled and suffered in that hellish country are all scum--except for him. He's a hero for it.

If I knew nothing else about Kerry, I'd shun his name in the ballot box, for this alone.

No comments: