Saturday, July 3, 2004

Super Patriot

Representative Jim McDermott (D-Wash.) claims Bush has Bin Laden in custody, just waiting for the right moment, politically speaking, to thrill the public with his capture.

Now, I don't trust or like Bush, but this sounds absurd, considering its originator's character. McDermott is the same fellow who traveled to Baghdad in 2002 and had an interview beamed live to the States. In his attack on Bush from the safe confines of Iraq, he insisted that Saddam deserved the benefit of the doubt; and in the next breath, he said Bush was not to be trusted. I'm paraphrasing, but you get the gist of it, I believe. This is treasonous, regardless of your opinion of Bush.

True to form, his current news-making comments were also made outside the U.S., in India.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Wish I could say that I am shocked by that, but I am not.
It doesnt surprise me that a Dem would say such a thing for his own benefit (or that of the party) and I am cynical enough to not be surprised if they already knew where Osama was, tho I highly doubt we'd already have him in custody.