Saturday, April 16, 2011

Can You Hear Me Now?

A few days ago I saw a young man riding down the side of a busy street on a bicycle, talking on a cell phone. I kid you not.

What's the world coming to? I couldn't tell you the number of times I've been cut off in traffic, or nearly run off the road, only to see some idiot jabbering on a cell phone as they blithely drove by, unconcerned that they came within a hair's breadth of causing a traffic accident.

What's next, children on Big Wheels with cell phones? A kid pulling a little red Radio Flyer wagon filled with kindergarteners with phones glued to their ears?

It's getting more ridiculous by the day.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: the mass production and easy access of cell phones has transformed normal people into self-absorbed morons.

No comments: