Monday, November 1, 2010

Ask a Silly Question . . .

Bill Maher asks: "Am I Racist to Feel Alarmed By the Thought of Islam Taking Over the Western World?"


Yes, Bill, I'm afraid so. Just as you are Muslim if you shudder at the prospect of racists taking over the Western world.

It's gratifying that Maher believes Western civilization needs preserving, that we should mix it up a little when naming our children, instead of dubbing every single one of them "Muhammed."

"Hey, Muhammed, have you seen Muhammed?"

"Yes, he went with Muhammed over to Muhammed's house. I think they were going to pick up Muhammed, later, and go to Muhammed's Bar-and-Grill and play Whack-an-Infidel and shoot some pool."

"Oh, okay. Thanks."

"No problem, Mo. Tell Muhammedette I said 'Hi.' "

Muslims sure are an imaginative lot.

Monikers aside, I wish Bill Maher and other incisive cultural commentators would learn the simple, fundamental truth that Islam is not a race. Just as the Borders-Are-For-Cartographers Club needs to learn that Mexican is not a race. Neither is LGBT (Lettuce, Guacamole, Beef, Tomato), morbidly obese, pothead, Democrat (redundant, I know), or Obamoid -- although I admit that the last form a constellation unto themselves.

Coming soon: Bill ponders, "Am I a Thuggee assassin if I don't like figure skating?"

No comments: