Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone enjoyed the keg parties, the late-night drunken staggers out to the car, the bleary-eyed drives home straddling both lanes, and the gentle caresses of the toilet bowls against your temples as you retched away the dregs of the old year.

And kudos to all of you who spent New Year's Eve in a more intelligent if not productive manner. I'm a teetotaller myself, so I spent a quiet evening at home with my wife. I must admit that Christmas is of far greater import to me than New Year's. I always feel a bit melancholy, this time, every December-January. I suppose it's because of all the buildup for Christmas, and then it's over so fast. Of course, another year has been relegated to the dustbin of history, and that's never a sunny thought. 2006 passed faster than the Roadrunner on amphetamines, and we're already into 2007.

I truly hope the new year treats everyone well, with no mishaps and lots of blessings.

And if you ever start feeling a little blue, just sit back and think about how Saddam Hussein ended the old year, and remember that things could be a lot less peachy.

No comments: