Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Women do not have to sacrifice personhood if they are mothers. They do not have to sacrifice motherhood in order to be persons. Liberation was meant to expand women's opportunities, not to limit them. The self-esteem that has been found in new pursuits can also be found in mothering.--Elaine Heffner

Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.--Unknown

A mother's yearning feels the presence of the cherished child even in the degraded man.--George Eliot

My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.--George Washington

A young boy said to his mother, 'How old were you when I was born?' His mother replied, '23.' 'Wow, that's a lot of time we missed spending together.' -- Unknown

A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. -- Irish Proverb

No comments: