Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cartoonish Nonsense

All this Muhammed likeness idiocy has given me an idea for my own cartoon. I would render it for your edification, if my drawing abilities surpassed that of a Kindergartener with Tourette's; but they do not, alas.

Imagine President Bush standing at a podium, shoulders squared, one hand supporting himself and the other bunched in a firm fist raised to gain the audience's attention. A balloon above his head says: "Islam is a religion of peace, I say!"

Surrounding him is a massive throng of attendees to his speech in the auditorium, each wearing a long, flowing robe and a turban wrapped carefully about the noggin. Every other man sports a bombvest, and all hands are raised aloft, clasping AK-47s by the handles, fingers in the trigger -guards and ready for a peace demonstration.

I may have to commission my eight-year-old nephew for the task of creating it.

No comments: