Saturday, December 17, 2005

Imagine: Variant Version

In honor of John Lennon's recent boneyard tour anniversary, I've written a tribute of sorts to this departed hippie.


Imagine there's no freedom;
It's easy if you try.
Hell all around us.
It makes you wanna cry.
Imagine all the people
In abject misery. . .

Imagine you've no country;
It isn't hard to do.
No borders around us.
English is taboo.
Imagine all the people
living on welfare. . .

You may say I'm a schemer,
But I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us;
Trampling liberty can be so fun.

Imagine one big commune.
It's simple as can be.
No food or health care.
Forget prosperity.
Imagine good ol' Big Brother
Scouring the bourgeoisie.

You may say I'm a traitor,
But I'm not the only one.
Someday soon you will join us,
By choice or at the barrel of a gun.

No comments: