Sunday, August 21, 2005

Israeli Extremists

I was just watching Fox News a few minutes ago, when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a load of malarkey, under a thin veneer.

The newsman in question--whose name escapes me--was reporting directly from Gaza. As he spoke of the demolition gangs roving about and destroying Jewish houses, he dubbed those who resisted "extremists." That actually was the word he used.

So let me get this straight: If you evict me from my home, confiscate my property and give it to someone else, and demolish my house, I am an extremist if I offer the slightest resistance? Only in a totalitarian society does that make any sense. Such a view has no place in the halls of Israel's government, or in the United States.

Adding insult to injury, the entire reasoning for these actions is futile. If evicting Jewish settlers from Gaza buys any peace at all--which is doubtful--it will be only a temporary lull in the Arab plans for annihilating Israel. Worse, Gaza will be used as a launching point for continued terrorist attacks.

I'm pro-Israel, but not pro-Sharon, necessarily. I wish I could say the same for Fox News.

No comments: