Friday, November 12, 2004

Veterans' Day Sentiments

I came late to my pc, tonight, since I've been pretty busy for most of the day. But here are a few belated words I'd like to share:

For every man or woman the world over who wears the uniform of our armed forces--whether in the thick of combat or behind a desk--God bless you. May He watch over, comfort, and guide you along the way.

For every man or woman who once wore the uniform of our armed forces--God bless you, as well. I respect and honor your service.

For every man or woman who once wore the uniform of our armed forces, and died wearing it, thank you for your sacrifice, and for your belief in the idea of America. Here's one country boy who will never forget you.

To all of you--thank you for your service. May the departed rest in peace. May the living be showered with blessings from on high.

Someday, when the Lord returns, there will be no need for a military; but until that wonderful day comes, I will continue to stand amazed at the selflessness of our patriotic armed forces!

No comments: