Friday, August 20, 2004

Abortion's Unintended Consequences

When I clicked on this link and scrolled down the page, I thought I'd be sick. For a few moments, I was so angry, I wanted to smash someone's face in. I warn you, the picture isn't pretty, and I daresay it will disturb you greatly. I found it horrifying.

"We just broke down and cried at what we were seeing. We couldn't believe it," Chambers sobbed to the paper.

Why? Why are you upset, you stupid woman? You were just exercising your right to choose, weren't you? After all, unborn babies aren't really babies. They're just pieces of filth and inconvenient trash that must be scraped out of your saintly bosom.

"I started thinking about it. Here I am very ill, already with three children, and I was very depressed because of the medication I was on."

What a brilliant rationale. This doesn't hold water, folks. It's what most people call a cop-out. With vast numbers of couples, wringing their hands in anticipation and waiting in line for their own child, there is no justifiable excuse for having an abortion. And to make matters worse, just reread the last part of her final sentence. She was depressed because of the medication she was on? Abortion must be a small thing, indeed, since a woman now doesn't even have to be in her right frame of mind to decide in its favor.

I shudder to think what it will be like, some day, when such people have to stand before God and explain away these evil acts. I would not want to be in their shoes. And don't think for a minute that you self-righteous cretins will walk on this issue. The Lord sees you, and some day, you won't feel so smug, when you bow before him.

No comments: