Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Ronald Reagan: A Belated R.I.P.

I know he passed on over a week ago, and I know I'm late on this topic. But, hey, I just started this blog today, so gimme a break!

Mr. Reagan inspired me to love my country. That's my fondest memory of him. He loved this nation, and that love literally glowed in his face. For all his faults, he was a great leader of men. He unapologetically revealed the Soviet Union's ideology as morally bankrupt, and drove it to financial bankruptcy. He popularized patriotism. And he cut taxes. He deserves honor and remembrance for those three items, alone. I know this is simplistic, but it's also true.

So goodbye, Mr. President. I'm glad I lived during your administration. You're in your Father's house, now. Someday, I hope to meet you in Heaven, and shake your hand.

No comments: